Athalakkai is one of the best medicine for diabetes.It is also good for ulcer and diarrhea.It gives bitter taste like bittergourd.It can be cooked as poriyal and add in puli kuzhambu. I would like to share this recipe as stir fry(poriyal).Good combination with curd rice.
- Recipe type:Side Dish for Rice
- Preparation time :3 min
- Cook time :5 min
- Total time:10 min
- Athalakai -200gms
- Grated coconut -2 tbsp
- Tumeric Powder-1/4 tsp
- Red chilli powder-1tbsp
- Mustard seeds few
- Curry leaves few
- Step 1: Heat the kadai with oil, add mustard seeds,curry leaves, sauté it
- Step2: Add the Athalakai and sauté well.
- Step3: Add Tumeric powder, red chilli powder, salt as required and stir well
- Step4:Add some water and cook until is done completely.
- Step5: Healthy Athalakkai stir fry is ready.